Dear Denali Families,
We are only a couple of months in and 2019 has already brought some exciting things at Summit Denali!
- – Our 7th grader Nidhi Vadlamudi was our First Annual Denali Middle School Spelling Bee champion and competed in Regional Spelling Bee last month. She will be heading to the National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. at the end of May!
- – We have our first Denali High School Baseball team this year! Their first game is tomorrow against Summit Prep at Twin Creeks (969 E Caribbean Dr, Sunnyvale) at 4pm. We hope you can make it!
- – Many of our Juniors will be taking their first SAT this Saturday. Wish them luck!
- – Our Denali Middle School Theatre program is in full swing! They have been working around the clock for their upcoming performances of The Plot, Like Gravy, Thickens! We hope that you can make it to one of the shows:
- – Friday, March 15 at 7pm
- – Saturday, March 16 at 7pm
- – Sunday, March 17 at 2pm
As a reminder, March 15th is a non-school day for all students so that we can hold mid-year PLP meetings. Personalized Learning Plan meetings are an important step-back for students, families and mentor to connect around a student’s big goals.
While our fall personalized learning plan meetings are required for all students and families, our mid-year meetings are required for students who are academically struggling and will be optionally available for other students and families. We have reached out to families for whom these meetings are required, and we are now opening any available time slots to the rest of our families. If you would like to schedule a Spring PLP meeting with your child’s mentor, please reach out to them via email or phone.
Kevin and Anica